Saturday 4 October 2008

Oregon - Gone?

I think that I may have mentioned a little problem with my Oregon where it freezes when I try to synchronise it with my PC (or any PC, as it happens).

I've had a few problems when I connect the Oregon to my PC. I've tried everything, and finally I called Garmin, on Friday, and explained the situation to them. They have decided that my unit needs to be returned for repair, so on Monday, I'm going to have to package it up and send it away (sob, sob). Garmin assure me that we will be parted for no more than 10 days!!!

I've had to dig out my iPAQ PDA and re-install Cachemate and Pocket Navigator to use for the next couple of weeks.

The last outing with my Oregon before we are seperated, will be tomorrow (Sunday) when we're off to Bromsgrove for a caching-fest with around 30 caches within walking distance (blisters allowing).

5 comments:

Andy said...

Hi Kev

Regarding BM2
I have started rattling a few cages on the forum hoping some one will own up and do something!!

I cant remember who was doing the next one?.

theres a few weeks yet before we need to start with the thumb screws.

The Anchor digbeth would be nice(If it is to stay in the city centre)

(sorry if you think this isnt relevant on your blog)

All the best Andy

Team Balders said...

I have e-mailed Purple Heather who says that she hasn't forgotten and that she was going to contact Helen and get it sorted. Unfortunately, nothing has happened.

I have just e-mailed again and offered my services if she is unable to fulfill her obligations.

Either way, it will be listed this week. If I do end up with this one, any help would be gratefully received.

Andy said...

I would be glad to help!! It would be interesting to see what gos into an event!!

AnE are available :)

Andy

Stokesy said...

This Blog is being seriously neglected..... :-)

Andy said...

Kev I have sent a email to the blog police as i feel you are neglecting this poor blog!!

Please post !! Even if you cut and past something...We need our fix of Balderland :)

Seriously I hope your keeping ok

All the best Andy