Saturday 4 October 2008

That There London

Thursday 2nd October

I'd got another cheap coach ticket down to London for a spot of Urban Caching. I had to get up early to get into Brum for the 06:45 coach to London Victoria. I arrived outside Argos at 06:10 and as there were few people around, I managed to grab "The Strangler's" "The Lad Himself" on the way to Digbeth.


I arrived at Victoria just before 10 and made my way to the first cache just of Picadilly - an old, disused, underground station. I, then worked my way roughly east crossing the river at London Bridge to bag a total of 20 caches in the capital and one in the second city. I even managed a Sidetracked cache (Waterloo) near to one of my favourites "Banksy Was Here" near a 200 metre long, grafitti covered subway. The photo shows what was probably my favourite "art-work" of a Scalectric track on the pavement.

A few observations...

GPS coverage in central London is crap - even with my, supposedly super-duper Oregon, the map showed me upto 40m away from the road I was obviously walking along.

Make sure that the insoles in your walking boots haven't slipped down. As souveniers of London I brought back two stonking blisters!

Not a vast number of caches but it was a day out, seeing a few of the sights and getting a few ideas for future caches!?!

No comments: