Sunday 28 September 2008

FTFs / Birthday / London

I got up for work this morning (I know, money grabbing so and so) and, as usual, I checked the inbox. There was a block of caches so I clicked on the first one and discovered that it was only 2.9km away. I had to bide my time as I'd promised to drop Sue off on my way out so it was 07:45 when I got my sweaty palms on the box. Would Stokesy have beaten me? With some trepedation, I opened the book and found that it was blank. I checked the other end (I've fallen for THAT one before) but it was still virginal. The Team Balders stamp was brought into action.
Chancing my luck, I went for "MotorwayMayhem M6 Toll - Toll View 2". Success again - two FTFs before breakfast. I also managed to pick up "Heavens Above - Holy Trinity" near Hatton on the way to work in Leamington Spa.

Some may have noticed that, I have submitted a listing for my 50th birthday in November (link). It will be at The Griffin, near Shustoke, where we held the successful "Almost Valentines Day Cache" back in February. I hope that eveyone doesn't go out and buy me a Garmin Oregon 400!

Talking of Cache meets, I'm expecting to see a new listing for the Brummie Meet 2, which should only ba about a month away. Who was it who said that they would do the next one?

I'm off to that there London on Thursday, taking advantage of another cheapo coach ticket. Looking at the Google cache map around Victoria, I think that I may venture to the east, mainly along the river. With a bit of luck I could break the 2,100 barrier! As of today (28/9/08) I'm on 2076.

1 comment:

Stokesy said...

I nearly went out at midnight to grab it, but decided against it!

I've done 'em all now, what's keeping you ?????

:-)