Sunday 29 March 2009

My Oregon got lost

Out this evening, enjoying the longer evenings (well one at least), doing the Hidden Gems series in Perry Bar when my Oregon tells me that the cache is a further 180m away which happens to be the other side of a tall steel fence. I checked on my Nokia N95 and that told me that I was 20m away. I used the Nokia to home in on the cache as the terrain suited the clue and there is was. However, the Oregon was still indicating nearly 200m to go!

I switched off and back on and moved on to the next cache. The N95 was spot on but the Oregon, again, 200m off.

The battery was showing 1 bar but I'd had no warnings of low battery. I shall try new batteries tomorrow and I hope that is the cause of the problem.

By the way, the Hidden Gems series is a true hidden gem and well worth as visit.

No comments: