Friday 21 November 2008

Clavedon

Feeling a lot better after my near-death experience with the man-flu, I decided on a bit of caching to blow out the cobwebs. A new series of 14 caches appeared last night so they had to be done.

After breakfast at the Gay Cafe, I drove out to Claverdon, near Henley-in-Arden, picking up a Tutti-Fruitti cache on the way. I parked the car and walked back to the first cache of the Langton Lane Loop series.

As I approached the cache I spied a couple acting suspiciously in the trees. A gps hanging around a neck and a handful of paper confirmed them as geocachers. After introductions we decided to do the rest of the series together, signing the logs Lorri-Ann and Kev and Kev (well almost). We then spent the next couple of hours or so slipping, sliding and sloshing in the mud around this excellent series.

Abbey, the lab, really enjoyed all the water even when mixed with soil !

After the series, we went our seperate ways but I think that I spied my new friends turning into Bearley railway station as I was pulling out.

I was going to do the Webbie Womble series on the way back but the weather was looking a bit iffy so I wimped out but still managed a few more easy caches on the way home.

The more observant may have noticed 15 smilies on the map; "Edstone Adventure" was caught up in the middle of the series, so did that one as well!

1 comment:

Andy said...

This blog is like the buses you wait a week then two come along at once :)

Iv had my FIX now you can have a few days off for good behaviour!!

All being well we will see you at your birthday bash!!(anything for more smileys :)