Tuesday 25 November 2008

Nearly There

I saw this excellent picture whilst idly browsing and thought "this time tomorrow, I'll be getting ready to go to The Griffin". A quick glance at the web page hints at around 30 attendees so it should be nice and cosy!

Hopefully, I should get there just before seven to meet and greet before moving (squeezing?) into the conservatory for, hopefully, a night of jollity and general geo-chatter.

I have knocked up a bit of a quiz so if there's room I may roll that out. No big prize, in fact, so far, no prize - I'll have to have a rummage and see what I've got that would make an appropriate trophy.

I'm not sure what beers they've got on, I've been rather busy with the panot the last week or so, but I've never been disappointed with the selction at The Griffin.

Well, that's all for now - I've curtain call at 7.30 - hope to see many faces tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Andy said...

When I were a lad Kev used to come on this site and upload pictures and leave snippets of information!!

Not anymore though thanks to that new fangled facebook!!

By eck those where the days........

steve said...

yes andy , i know what you mean.
i feel like i have been left out in the dark like some unwanted thing just because i have not been sucked in by the evil thing called "farcebook".
even the roll of honour is out of date, try explaining that to the kids that their uncle geo-kev does not care....

Andy said...

Lets be honest the roll of honour is just a bit of fun !! People are only going to look at the first few lines and.....Oh look im there!!!!!


Sorry

I mean "Kev for shame"!!!

Fancy upsetting those poor kids :( as if they havnt got it hard enough with Steve dragging them away from there beloved Xbox/Ps!! lol