Friday 26 December 2008

On the road again

After my near-death experience with the, often fatal, man flu and the general yuletide malaise, I finally got out today and into the caching mindset.

There has been a bunch (not quite a series) of caches in Sheldon which I've been meaning to do for a while now so after dropping Mrs. Balders at work, I made my way to The Raddleys. The caches where all found without any problems although I had to be careful with one of them for fear of it falling down and being lost forever!

Then it was up the Cov. Road to Corley to check on one of my caches (Motorway Mayhem - Deja Vu). I'd had a couple of reports of series foliage clearance so went to check it out. The cache was hidden in the hedgerow and the hint used to read "behind the split tree". As you can see from today's photo, the tree has been split to ground level and it is out in the open. Amazingly, the cache was still there!

I've now moved it 20m away to what I hope will remain a move secluded spot.

From Corley, I nipped into nearby Nuneaton to bag "Don't Get Muggled" which was easily found. Of interest was the last signee, a certain HillHappy1. I gave him a call and had a quick chat and it appears that he's had more important things than looking for plastic boxes to concern him. It's nice to see Haydn back on the scene, his presence has been sorely missed.

Whilst in Nuneaton, I dropped in on my mate Birder1951 for a cuppa and a natter before picking up "Grandpa goes for a pint", in the dark, on my way home.

I've got the next two days with nowt to do - any ideas?

No comments: