Friday 26 December 2008

Birthday Bash


It was two days before my actual 50th Birthday but it definitely felt like a real birthday party. We had loads of cachers turn up, luckily not all together or the conservatory would have burst at the seams!

Graham1875 came in telling me of a new cache which I had to go and find immediately. He handed me a printout but when I protested about a lack of GPS he told me that he had one all set up in the car. We traipsed into the carpark and with GPS in hand I followed the arrow to find a black bag propped up next to my Kiss Kiss cache. With some trepidation I opened the bag to find a bottle of whisky - luckily it didn't have a TB around the neck so I logged it as took - whisky, left - thanks.

This was not the only pressie, and please forgive me if I've forgotten any. I got another bottle of whisky, a geocoin from Stokesy and not one, but two cakes including a gorgeous Parsnip Cake from Jackie of Shank's Pony.

Someone passed around a showerhead to much amusement (I still don't get it).

The beer, as to be expected at The Griffin", was excellent and I was lucky to have one of those magic glasses that never seemed to empty - thanks to all who contributed to my subsequent hangover.

All in all a cracking night. I would like to thank all again for turning up and making it a night to remember.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Thats me over Kevs shoulder!!

Im going to Sue For Copyright Infringement unless we can come to some sort of liquid agreement in the Griffin!!lol