Saturday 27 December 2008

Kev goes caching

Dropped Sue at work then I was off up the A38 heading towards a bunch of caches near Derby (Black Widow country). I totally failed to find "Sidetracked Willington" (again) and have now officially given up on it!

I managed to pick up a few drive-bys then parked up and took a stroll along a chilly canal finding a few more on the way. A short drive brought me to another stretch of cache strewn canal. Not all the finds were straight froward but at least with an out and back course, you can have another stab on the return.

After these "mini-series" or power trails, I cut across country heading roughly back home. One cache I had to visit was Heron's Wood. At my Birthday Bash, I was given a LARGE travel bug which I was challenged to hide. This container swallowed the TB easily. I was on my way to this cache when a passing mountain biker asked if I was geocaching - is it THAT obvious?

I was very cold so I wound up my caching activities around one and made my way home, finally picking up Stokesy's Collector 4 cache, which is only 120m from home on the way.

1 comment:

Andy said...

"Sidetracked Willington" the info you require could be your's for the price of a pint( Real ale not can!!) :)