Saturday 23 August 2008

Update from Team Balders

Haven't had much time to write much lately. As you may know, most of Team Balders (extended) went off to Rhodes leaving yours truly home along for the week. I was hoping to do a load of caches but with home chores and work I didn't manage anywhere near as many as I'd have liked.

Day 2 of the holiday, Mrs. Balders called up to tell me that she'd had a nasty fall and had a week with her leg in plaster to look forward to. No swimming pool; no shower and it was around 45 degrees most days. I had another call on the Friday saying that she couldn't wait to get back home: poor Sue.

I'm done a few caches this week but most of the time I've been either at home or getting back home to look after the other half. She is on the mend but is still hobbling around with a stick.

We are renewing our wedding vows (after 25 years) this coming weekend before a second "honeymoon" up in the Peak District. We were hoping to do a bit of walking and, of course, a few caches, perhaps getting up to that magical 2000. However, I don't think that Sue will be up for much more than a few cache and grabs!

The Brummie Cut series is holding up well. I've had to archive "Lock Four" after going missing yet again but have placed another, new, cache just a little down the towpath. Bridge 106 has also gone walkies and I have replaced that one tonight. It's a shame that I didn't replace it earlier as two teams managed the other 25 caches in the series today and missed the final cache. I've noticed in London that where a cache keeps going missing there is often a bit in the caceh description which say something like..." if the cache is not there, please email me with the number on the adjacent lamp-post". A virtual by the back door! I'll keep this technique in mind but I'd rather have a "proper" cache.

By the way, I will be putting a caceh out to commemorate our (mostly) happy 25 years together.

2 comments:

Stokesy said...

I've just had an idea....now how can I use a plaster cast as a cache container.....

Hope you're back on your feet soon Sue, you'll just have to kick Kev with one foot for the time being!

Andy said...

Andy n Elaine would like to congratulate you both on your Silver wedding anniversary. The Peak district? your not taking your fair lady to the "Going for a Burton" bash are you Kev?

All the best Andy