Saturday 2 August 2008

Mega - Prelude

Just sat here at Balders Manor waiting for HillHappy1 to collect me for our trip "up north" to the Mega event. We're going up today, staying at York Youth Hostel (I lied about my age!), then going along the A59 to Harrowgate for the event on Sunday.

We are hoping to pick up a few caches on the way but it is not looking too good. I'm sat here at the keyboard and I can hear the rain lashing of the roof of the east wing. I'm narrowed down our list of caches to mainly "cache and dashes" or ones with a very short walk to try and keep us dry. I have a list of about 50 so we'll just have to wait and see how many we can get; and how dry we can keep.

I've been a bit quiet on the blog this week because I've been in Chesterfield on a course all week. I did manage to slip out in the evenings and bag a cache or two (or 35!). I had to wait until I got home to log my finds as the hotel, which boasted WiFi, wanted to charge - wait for it - £5 for an hour or £9 for the day! I did try sitting outside a McDonalds (which is supposed to do FREE WiFi) but I couldn't get past the log-in screen.

I daresay that I'll have lots to say when I get back on Sunday. If anyone's going up look out for me.

No comments: