Sunday 27 July 2008

Chesterfield

Monday to Thursday, this coming week, I'm being posted to foreign climes (Chesterfield) for a course. I'm not sure whether I'll be staying out as the company hasn't paid the hotel yet and I'm not going to pay then have to wait months to get it back!

Anyway, whether I'm stopping or not, I'm hoping to do a few caches while I'm up there. I've loaded GSAK and Memory Map on to my laptop and with a few Pocket Queries around Chesterfield and the route(s) loaded I've got a database of nearly 600 caches waiting to be found. There's even a cache within 100m of the hotel.

The hotel boasts WiFi so I should be able to log my finds and answer any e-mails but if I am a bit quiet for the next few days you know why.

FRIDAY, I had a bash at Stokesy's MIDDLE ENGLAND series in and around Meriden. On my 7+ mile hunt I bumped into GRAHAM1875 at last. I now know how he can grab caches at all hours!
I was also following Shank's Pony around but never caught up with them. However, when I got back to my vehicle, there was a note under the wiper blade from Shank's Pony - thanks.

I've got to pop out later today for a touch of Brummie Cut maintenance - Only 1 missing this week. A few of the logs are full or nearly so (especially the nanos) so they'll need replacing.

No comments: