Sunday 20 July 2008

Strange Happenings at Avenue Road

I have a cache (one of many) hidden near Avenue Road in Birmingham. A few days ago, a few cachers logged DNFs. I popped out on Friday to replace the cache and, lo and behold, the 35mm film pot was there.

Yesterday, "The Strangler" was having a go at the series and this is his log...

On arrival at GZ I stopped and was greeted by an inebriated gentleman. The gentleman was quite drunkenly helpful insofar as he kept telling me where the cache is and that I was playing some sort of game as he regularly watches people looking for it. This got me into a situation where I thought on my two left feet and decided to explain to him that I had just stopped to take a drink and a rest and I did not know what he was talking about. Well he was having none of this so I decided to leave it and log it as a DNF. Anyway the heavens opened so I took shelter under the next bridge. After bagging most of the rest of this series I returned and the gentleman had gone and so had the cache! Seems he did know where it was after all.

So, I checked again this morning, and the cache was indeed missing. I placed a new cache, a little way away, and in case anyone was attempting this cache today, I put a coded message in the original hole saying where the new cache was hidden.

Reports coming in today indicate that the original 35mm cache is back in it's hole (with the clue). People have been signing BOTH caches!

I shall remove the 35mm film pot, probably tonight.

On my way home from work today, I did "Mathew Boulton Woz Ere" in Birmingham city centre and bumped into Andy (of AndyandElaine) who was just leaving the scene of the crime - nice to meet you (shame he wasn't wearing the Brummie Cut T-shirt!).

ALSO - "The Strangler" mentioned that he had met "The Bolas Heathens". Dave has this thing about the "Issac with..." photos that adorn the BH's logs - so I just had to fire up Photoshop...


Issac with... The Strangler

I've noticed that no-one has visited "Kiss Kiss" for a while so I may have to perform a Maintenance Visit this evening!

That's all for now.....

2 comments:

Stokesy said...

Are you sure that the inebriated gentleman and "The Strangler" are not one and the same, and that he was getting a little confused????

Cacherinblack said...

That photo may have to be supplemented by one of a certain blogger enjoying a pint whilst at work?